Spring 2021 Funding Cycle Deadlines
- January 4, 2021: Application opens
- February 1, 2021: Principal investigator submits application to approvers (by 11:59 p.m.)
- February 4, 2021: Approvers submit application to OVPR (by 11:59 p.m.)
- May 2021: Award notification
- July 1, 2021: Award period begins
About the Award
Through the Multicultural Research Awards, the Institute for Diversity, Equity, and Advocacy (IDEA) seeks to support the University’s diverse community of scholars by enhancing the visibility and advancing the productivity of faculty who are conducting interdisciplinary research. These awards are meant to support innovative scholarship that addresses urgent social issues.
Since its inception in 1996, the MRA has awarded over 1.5 million dollars to more than 165 UMN faculty from at least 45 different disciplines working in equity and diversity research.
Award recipients are required to present their work as part of Diversity Through the Disciplines Symposia sponsored throughout the academic year. Awardees are also encouraged to showcase their research at the Gallery of Excellence, a showcase of equity and diversity research preceding the annual Equity and Diversity Breakfast.